We all know about the popularity of ceramic tile flooring. When it is properly installed, the tile surfaces last for years. However, tiles have a weakness: the grout lines between the tiles are soft and can easily be stained.
In most cases, grout can be revived to its original form by cleaning it thoroughly. But, in extreme cases, the solution is to re-grout the tile flooring. So, how to clean dirty grout on tile floors?
DIY Grout Cleaning Tips
Elements Required For Grout Cleaning:
- Cream of tartar – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice
- Hydrogen peroxide – 1 bottle
Steps on How To Clean Dirty Grout On Tile Floors
- Mix the cream of tartar with the lemon juice and try to make a thick paste having the consistency of runny toothpaste.
- Keep aside this paste and take a spray bottle. Pour hydrogen peroxide in it and spray on the grout lines. It can remove mold and mildew.
- Sprinkle the mixture on grout lines. After that, scrub and rinse the grout lining between the tile floors.
- Use a cleaning brush and use homemade grout cleaner to the grout and scrub it. Let it settle for some time, then rinse and wipe to dry.
- Repeat the steps until you achieve the desired level of brightness.
Once you get the sparkling clean grout surface on tile floors, keep in mind to treat the grout with a sealant to extend the tile floor life. It is important to reseal your grout surface every 1 or 2 years.
Still, if you want a professional touch to your tile flooring, then All American Carpet Cleaning is here to help you. From providing tips to advise on how to clean dirty grout on tile floors, our experts assist you with all your needs.
Dial 209.915.3134 or follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest to know more about our tile and grout cleaning service in Stockton.